Okay am I the only one who is geeked about planning for next year? Oh my but I love everything about it! Every year is a fresh start, full of possibility. New school supplies and clothes (we get these things), fresh teacher planners and juicy new dry wipe markers are all signaling school’s about to start!
I know you may wonder why I am chatting about this now. It’s early July, you think. I have plenty of time, you think. I’ll do that later, you think. I wouldn’t if I were you…
Planning for the year is important. You know the saying, “If you fail to plan you plan to fail.” It happens every time I think I can “wing it.” I like to think I’m a free spirit but I really need more structure than I want to admit sometimes. For me, writing it all down helps keep me on track and [mostly] productive.
Here is my planner for this school year. I have linked below to all the wonderful blogs whose free printables I used in this planner. Isn’t the cover beautiful? I cobbled the contents together from several sites to fit my needs. I laminated the covers and comb bound it (I happen to have tools to do both). Super cheap and just what I needed!
Here is a tour of my planner on YouTube. To me its easier than a bunch of pictures.
Here are the links to the printables I used.
- cover The Life in Bloom
- mission statement, yearly calendar, curriculum resources, reading log, field trips, attendance, grades, progress reports New Bee Homeschooler (7 parts)
- monthly calendars 2013 Tom Kat Studio
- monthly calendar 2014 Miss Tina
- cover sheets, student goals, quarterly academic planner, teacher schedule, weekly planner Living Well Spending Less
- Weekly schedule on one page One Fun Mom
- Free ebook Planned Spontaneity Homeschooling Ideas