I have a secret…

Okay so I’m really laying myself bare here. I’m going to say out loud what I  have been keeping under wraps for a while now.

I’m writing a book.

(ahem.)

I’m writing a book.

Okay, I’m not ready to shout it from the rooftops just yet but I am terrified excited to share this news with you here. Brooke, author of Warrior Prayers and Notes to Aspiring Writers: Your Dream, God’s Plan (due out next week), encouraged her blog readers to come up with an elevator pitch for our books, so here it goes:

The working title is “Bountiful: Cultivating a fruitful life in dry seasons”

Where can we look when find ourselves in a season that is painful or dry? Galatians 5 is a gift from God for a parched soul.  My book walks us through the lush garden of the fruit of the spirit, picking one fruit at a time and examining its healing properties for hurting lives. We can find that place of refreshing and renewal in Christ.

I pray this is only the beginning of great things. I am writing this book because someone (maybe you!) needs to read it. God has help for others on the other side of my faltering pen.

I’d appreciate your prayers as I struggle to complete what I feel God has placed on my heart to share.

I’m writing a book!

This entry was posted in Journal and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to I have a secret…

1. Dana says:

Wow, Anna! That is great news and it sounds like it will be a great book as well!

2. Karen says:

I love the title and I love the idea! I will buy it. Absolutely awesome! Praying for you in this journey!!

3. Kristina says:

Hi Anna-Marie!
    I found your link via Brooke’s blog! I love the idea for your book!
    I know the feeling of not wanting to shout it from the rooftops either, but hopefully we’ll be able to encourage each other!

I’ll be praying for you and I hope you win!
    Kristina

4. Anna-Marie says:

Oh Dana thank you! Your opinion means a lot to me. I pray you and your family are healing. Love you!!

5. Summer says:

Wow Anna – that’s fantastic, exciting news!!! I have had thoughts or writing myself, maybe one day I will be brave like you. Way to go Anna and way to go God!

Have fun writing and remember that it’s through HIM that all things come…

6. Anna-Marie says:

Thanks Karen! I’ll hold you to it. :) And I appreciate the prayers too!

7. Anna-Marie says:

Thank you Kristina! Blessings and success to you.

8. Brooke McGlothlin says:

I’m so proud of you! And I love the idea. I pray the fruit of the spirit for my boys almost every day…one of my favorites.

9. Anna-Marie says:

Summer you are a dear! And you should pray about writing. I bet you have one inside you!

10. Anna-Marie says:

Brooke it means a lot to have you say that. Thanks for your encouragement!

11. Just Mama says:

Hi there! I’m visiting from the challenge myself and I think I just found a new friend with a shared secret! :) I love the subject, our power is in God’s word alone, so my encouragement is this…..you are following a path the Lord has laid for you, keep Him first and all things will follow to His glory! This is a great subject! And I’m excited to meet someone whose been keeping the same secret I’m keeping too! ;) God bless and the best of luck to you!

12. Renae says:

Oh, that sounds wonderful! I can’t wait to read it! :D

13. Anna-Marie says:

Renae you are such a sweet friend. Thank you!