So I’m on day three of my attempt to post every day this month. It’s a big challenge that @scotters tossed out and I sheepishly accepted.
I don’t think I’ve posted this topic—ever. I noticed there’s no fiction on this list. Hmmmm…So what I’m reading (all but one on Kindle), in no particular order:
1. One Thousand Gifts is the hands-down best book I have read in a long time. Her writing is like, well, poetry. I cried every single time I picked it up. I was sorry when I finished it. If it was ice cream I would have licked the spoon. and the bowl. and the carton.
2. The 100 Things Challenge had me at “Challenge.” It deals with American consumerism and living with less. I like it so far. It’s the latest in a series of minimalist books I’ve been reading.
3. The Productive Writer is pretty self-explanatory. Good book filled with all sorts of real world writing advice and how-to’s. I really like Sage Cohen a lot and I’ve taken one of her poetry classes online. Very helpful book!
4. George Washington’s Sacred Fire covers the faith of Washington. In a word, inspiring.
5. Answers to prayer from George Muller has delighted me to no end. His prayer life has intimidated amazed me for years and it is nice to find another of his works. I highly recommend his autobiography.
Have you read any of these? Recommend anything you are reading?